Sunday, February 25, 2007

haha?

In response to a recent comment about Steve Carell and Greg Kinear's presentation of the sound editing award, I think the silent mic was part of what was supposed to be a joke.
The question raises a good point, though. Do you guys think the Oscars are ever funny? Like not in the "I can't believe I just watched Clint Eastwood translate Italian" kind of way, but really, really genuinely funny?
How does tonight rank in terms of the show's comedic value? What did you think of the Will Smith/Jack Black sequence?
Write back with your comments. I won't laugh. Seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will FERRELL and Jack Black were HIGHlarious. I loved the Helen Mirren flirtation. But overall, the oscars were lame. None of the speeches were funny, and Ellen was trying a little too hard. It seemed like that vaccuming the front row gag and the picture with Clint Eastwood moment were supposed to be funny, but I yawned more than laughed during her segments. Not to mention the dumb choir and tamborine at the beginning.
And I've seen funnier Oscars.

Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said...

Just browsing the internet. Very interesting blog. Great read.