Sunday, February 25, 2007

better than joan

So here I am, smelly and unshowered after a weekend of partying, and perfectly poised to weigh in on your Oscar fashion dos and don'ts.
What puts me a notch above Joan Rivers? At least I'm not trying to blend in with the red carpet. Seriously...I have the TV guide channel on right now, and Joan is musing incoherently about the hokey pokey while wearing some red furry getup, paired with red sunglasses.
It's too early to predict fashion trends, obviously, but the early arrivals seem to be an extension of the classic black and white looks we saw at the Golden Globes. Maggie Gyllenhaal just showed up wearing a long black one-shoulder gown, with her hair pulled back in a classic low bun.
Very old-fashioned Hollywood...it'll be interesting to see how many stars opt for classic glamour over newer, more cutting-edge trends.
I'll be blogging live throughout the show...keep in touch with you fashionably loud insights.

No comments: